A.G. Heins Company History
A.G. Heins Company was incorporated in the State of Tennessee in December 1920 by its Founder; Albert G. Heins Sr. Mr. Heins, began his sales career on horseback for the Philip Carey Manufacturing Company and decided to open his business at the beginning of the “Roaring Twenties.” Through Mr. Heins’ leadership, the company survived the Great Depression of 1929 and was able to pay off all debts to the Hamilton National Bank of Knoxville.
When the Country entered World War II, Albert G. Heins Jr. son of our founder, proudly served in the Army. At the end of the war, A.G Heins Jr. returned to work at the company. Along with long time loyal employee, Ruth L. Love, the Company prospered during the Baby Boomer explosion years of the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s.
At the beginning of the 80’s, Al Heins’ son Albert Gordon Heins III, a registered Architect in the State of Tennessee, joined the family business. At one time in the early 80’s, all 3 generations of the Heins Family was involved in the operation of the business. Upon the passing of Mr. Heins Sr. in 1984, A.G. Heins Jr. served as President until his son, Gordon was promoted to President in 1991. Gordon and long- time friend and companion, Jon B. Williams, have guided the company into the 21st century.
In the mid 2000’s, both of Gordon’s sons Jacob and Alex joined the business to extend the legacy of the Company into its 4th generation. As in the early 80’s, at one time in the 2000’s, 3 generations of the Heins Family worked in the business. Joining the company in 2012, daughter of Gordon and Becky Heins, Anna, has now completed the Family legacy with 4 generations of family involvement.
After 93 years of earning the East Tennessee construction industry’s trust, A.G. Heins Company has richly deserved its business motto – “Building materials since anyone can remember.”